Wednesday 12 September 2018

Wolftone - Bring Down The Sun (2015)


Wolftone is a very unbelievable, brilliant band that I stumbled over lately. They sound to me like a fusion between the Droogs, Baby Woodrose and Neil Young w. Crazy Horse in their best moments. If you like these bands, this could be something for you.

Some words from Nasoni Records who released the LP-version of this album:
From the peaty soils up in Holland comes Wolftone. A three-headed Dutch “Soul band”, What….? Yes , SOULBAND!!! Not your average Soul, but that dirty Fuzzed-Up, Psych, Garage kinda Soul!! Their debut record “Bring Down the Sun” is filled with “Dirt, Love & Dirty Love”. With their heavy fuzzed riffs, great hooks and sweet choruses Wolftone delivers eleven powerful songs that stick with you. Whether you like it or not.



Give it a listen, here or on their bandcamp-site
Bandcamp also offers an album-download in various formats (MP3, FLAC, WAV...) with “name your price”.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. One more time, Thanks Pubbi, another great band you make me know but...
    "They sound to me like a fusion between ... and Neil Young w. Crazy Horse "
    I Think i missed Something with Neil Young.

    Yann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yann,
      thanks for your comment. Sorry that you find no points of contact between Wolftone and Neil Young w. Crazy Horse, but I feel very strongly reminded when listening to Wolftone. This is my personal impression, which I unfortunately can not pass on or explain, but definitely has to do with the rhythmic carpet Crazy Horse roll out for Neil Young, on which he can let off steam. This I can find in some songs of Wolftone in the same way. The difference is that Wolftone songs are much shorter and thus do not achieve such a hypnotic effect.
      So enough stupid ramblings, hope you can live with that. Cheers!!!

      Delete
  2. Definitely hear the Baby Woodrose influence, it's huge!. The Neil Young Crazy Horse connection is also there. I've listened to this one time right through and am not sure if it's something I want to hear again, there's so much out there. But it sure is a toe tapper!

    ReplyDelete