Thursday 25 October 2018

Cheeks - I Know What You Did Last Summer EP (Beyond Your Mind Records 2007)


This German five-piece employs a near perfect blend of organ, skewed pop harmonies and guitar to come up with a killer EP. Apparently their last album on the same label was a psych-pop thing but this updates the '60s beat genre with their own stamp. Singer Rono has a warm vocal that sits perfectly with their sound. They sound like an agreeable cross between The Strollers and The Stems. How they stayed under my wire so long (their first long-player was on Screaming Apple in 1997) I don't know but I want to hear more. You should know that Lana Loveland of The Fuzztones guested on organ and the black vinyl they pressed it on is thick enough to be a manhole cover.    -Source

Tracklist 
A1 - I Know What You Did Last Summer
A2 - Memory Line
AA1 - On A Night Like This

AA2 - The Ballad Of Will-O-The-Whisp

The Cheeks - I Know What You Did Last Summer EP (Beyond Your Mind Records 2007) FLAC    320

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Pubbi. This rocks like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Lester, , great if you had fun!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this one Pubbi!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great if you like once more one of my treats.
      Cheers

      Delete